Saturday, January 30, 2010

Just like 1960

Today I rode my bike to Café Sed.
I had one goal - Make the old record player cabinet that we found look nice.
So I brought along 2 rags, Murphy's Oil Soap, a water bottle, a camera, and my iPod...
I was ready for...



this.

Let me tell you...it was gross.
Spiders were comfortable here.
The bottom was covered with their skeletons.

There was only one way I could do this.
And that way was...



plugging in my headphones to the oldies playlist on my iPod.
Oh yes.
Anything is bearable with a little Chubby Checker, Stevie Wonder & The Lovin Spoonful.

Anyway! I cleaned it.
It's still really beaten up, so I think I'm going to sand & paint it at some point.

Con mucho amor, Katie

2 comments:

  1. Great job Katie. Grandma Schick would be so proud!
    Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look like a model in that last picture.

    ReplyDelete