Saturday, November 13, 2010

Slow Day [11-13-2010]

It's a slow day here at Sed.
Isela, Lilly & I are just sitting around the bookstore half asleep...always with the hope that some group of goofy teenagers or gossiping ladies will walk through the door and purchase a couple strawberry/mango smoothies and a bag or two of beef jerky.

But nope.
Nobody.

I'm sitting indian style in the window...randomly laughing at people walking by.
They can not understand what a little american girl would be doing sitting in a window messing around on her laptop. :]

well, if you came in...you could ask me & I'd be more then happy to chat!

In case you're wondering...no. Not every day has been this slow.
This is by far the slowest day in our 10 day history.

thanks alot, November 13th!

But seriously though...God had blessed us here at Sed...so much!
He had brought in new people everyday and we've got a group of 4 kids that come in nearly everyday.
I've had the opportunity to build relationships already & be outspoken in regards to my convictions. Not always easy...but I never said I wanted an easy life.
God is good. ALWAYS! He doesn't have a slow day.

haha really.
If you were here sitting with me in the window seat...you'd think the looks from the magdalenians were hilarious too. :]

I have another shipment of books on it's way down! Which is exciting...'cause...I love books.

It's been really interesting hearing what people wish we had here & what they wish we didn't have...
example:
People wish I had more hobby...encyclopedias...and ESL books.
and some people wish I had less of the Christian books.

"Don't you have any Stephen King here??"

nope. sorry, honey.

I heard once that if some are offended by your convictions...you're probably doing something right.
hmmmmmmmmmm. good thing!

I need more art in this place.
Walls look bare without texture or covered in artsy stuff.
Ideas?

OH! I'm working hard on getting my website up & running...so that'll be ready soon!
WITH PICTURES!!!!!

yup. get excited.

I'm gonna leave you with a verse that has been on my heart a lot lately...
don't leave an opportunity wasted.

"Walk in wisdom towards outsiders, making the best use of the time. Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person."

Colossians 4:5-6

2 comments:

  1. i just saw some pictures of the cafe on jarrin's blog. it looks amazing! i love the styling of it... so comfy and still beautiful. also, thanks for the verses. "making the best use of time..." that's especially convicting for me! praying for you all and the impact the shop will have on your community!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I heard once that if some are offended by your convictions...you're probably doing something right."

    excellent point. i've had plenty of that experience.

    ReplyDelete