Monday, March 14, 2011

doing it myself: arrows, flowers & fire extinguisher[?]

Arrows: I needed things to clearly direct my clients to the cash register & "coffee embellishing" station...so with help from my sister's Cricut machine, some fancy scrapbooking paper, cardboard & garden twine, I made these two lil' arrows. Not too shabby, eh?

Flowers: I used to have a clock hanging over the door to the patio, but after moving it to the front of the store, the back looked sad & empty. I decided that a little hanging "patio" or "jardín" sign was a necessity.
I found this tutorial by searching "wire and yarn sign" on Google.
Twisting the wire was actually way more of a hassle then I thought it was gonna be...
but it was all worth it in the end & I'm loving my new artsy sign!

I can't decide if it needs more flowers or if less truely is more.
What do you think?

Fire Extinquisher: We needed one. We bought one. We hung it up.
Now it's just...there.
I'm thinking about playing around a little so it becomes a little piece of quirky art instead of strictly serious...any ideas?
I have some of my own...but want to know what you guys would think is appropriate.

I have to have a sign saying "HERE'S THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER!!!"
(basically.)
So I could either make my own...or hang up the one provided...or hang up the normal one but dazzle it up a little?


2 comments:

  1. OK, picture this...

    A chalkboard the size of a large picture frame.

    A arrow to continue your theme of using arrows.

    A sentence to continue your theme of using arrows to tell people what to do

    A fire extinguisher placed within the chalkboard frame.

    becomes...

    A chalkboard, a arrow, a fire extinguisher and a few words that all come together to make a little piece of art.

    Almost poetic if I do say so myself...

    P.S. More flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think a great frame around it would make a nice industrial piece of artwork. and i know you'll think of something awesome for the sign. no WAY do you use the standard one. psh. and yes, less is more. keep the flowers you have. it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete